Assists with performing various tests and operating and maintaining various plant equipment associated with the treatment of raw surface water for general consumption.
Starting Pay for Operator Trainee: $15.81 per hour
Starting Pay for Operator: $17.43 per hour (already has Class C Surface Water Certificate)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists with treating raw lake water for general consumption, including operating SCADA computer system and performing various chemical tests throughout each day to determine water pH levels, chlorine levels, ammonia levels, and levels of various chemicals in the water;
- Assists with checking and maintaining water levels in the water storage facilities, including checking flow rates;
- Assists with monitoring flow rate through plant to determine water usage;
- Assists with operating and maintaining various plant equipment;
- Assists with monitoring clarifiers for accuracy and speed, as well as blanket and chemical levels; and
- Performs mowing and grounds maintenance at plant.
Valid Texas driver's license. Obtain Class D Water license within 120 days of hire; obtain Class C Surface Water Treatment certification within 3 years of hire.