- Performs various duties and operates various equipment involved in the maintenance and construction of city water system components. When needed assist with new construction or repairs to the sanitary sewer collection system.
Starting Pay Rate is $15.06 per hour. Higher pay rate may be available for candidates with previous relevant experience or licensing.
"Employees who are likely to be called to work in cases of emergency may be required to reside within reasonable response commuting ranges of their places of work. A reasonable response time to an emergency is thirty (30) minutes."
Residency which allows response time to a City emergency of thirty (30) minutes MUST be established with 90 days of hire.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responds to and resolves various water line problems, including fixing line leaks;
- Assists in the construction of water system components, including laying water lines, installing water taps, and installing water services and water mains;
- Assists in the maintenance of water system components, water valve maintenance, replacing water meters and meter boxes, preform gallons per minute testing.;
- Flow test, trouble shoots, replaces, and maintains all fire hydrants in the distribution system;
- Turns water service on and off;
- Operates various equipment, including jet machine, power saw, underground utility locator, water pumps, backhoe, cranes, and loaders;
- Cleans and maintains vehicles, equipment, yard, and shop;
- Serves on call duty with wastewater department to respond to after-hours customer water or sewer problems.
Valid Texas driver's license. Must obtain a Class D Water License issued by TCEQ within 180 days of hire. All licenses acquired through TCEQ that are above the minimum requirement for this position will receive a determined percent raise upon receiving new license.