Performs routine patrol duties, including responding to calls, enforcing traffic laws, communicating with citizens, arresting suspects, and preparing reports.
Starting Pay is $23.45 per hour based on 2184 annual hours
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Patrols city, including responding to service calls, enforcing state mandated laws and city ordinances, and issuing citations;
- Performs traffic duties, including enforcing traffic laws, investigating accidents, and directing traffic;
- Communicates with the public regarding service calls, complaints, and requests for information;
- Makes arrests of suspects;
- Prepares activity and arrest reports;
- Testifies in court as needed;
- Secures crime scenes and conducts crime scene investigations, including taking photographs and fingerprints; and
- Participates in job-related training.
Basic certification from the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE); and valid Texas driver's license.