Hours: Monday through Thursday 8:00 am - 1:00 pm
Pay Rate: $12.00 per hour
Operates multi-line phone system and routes calls and messages; performs clerical tasks as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Answers incoming telephone calls, determines purpose of callers, and forwards calls to appropriate personnel or department.
- Answers questions about city functions and provides callers with address, directions and other information. Uses tact and diplomacy to handle all callers in a professional manner.
- Takes and delivers messages or transfers calls to voice mail when appropriate personnel are unavailable. Legibly hand writes telephone and verbal messages and delivers to appropriate personnel. Retrieves messages from voice mail and forwards to appropriate personnel and departments.
- Welcomes on-site visitors, determines nature of business and directs visitors to appropriate department. Provides information on public events and city functions.
- Writes, types or enters information into computer to enter data, prepares and mails correspondence, makes copies, faxes documents, and files.
- Communicates effectively and courteously with the public and other City employees.
- Performs other clerical duties as assigned.
Valid Texas driver's license or available alternate means of transportation.