Provides courteous, efficient customer service to tenants and fuel patrons at the Brenham Municipal Airport. Performs a variety of operations and general maintenance duties related to the daily airport operations, airport fueling equipment, and maintaining airport grounds and facilities, including routine maintenance and cleaning to ensure upkeep and safety.
Starting Rate: $14.00 per hour
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Operates mowers, tractor with shredder, weed-eaters, chain saws, and other equipment used in maintaining the Brenham Municipal Airport grounds, facilities, and along rights-of-ways where needed;
- Provides quality customer service, communicates with the general public, hangar tenants, day visitors, and others in order to facilitate daily operations and special events at the airport;
- Performs line service duties for incoming aircraft, including refueling while following proper safety procedures;
- Promptly reports emergency situations to designated parties and implements safety response procedures;
- Performs routine maintenance, cleaning, and repair of city facilities to ensure upkeep and safety, including general carpentry, electrical, painting, plumbing, heating/air conditioning, and other mechanical repair work;
- Maintains and provides upkeep at Brenham Municipal Airport including changing light bulbs, replacing reflectors, and other routine maintenance items; and
- Operates computer terminal or PC for various data entry and reporting requirements.
Valid Texas driver's license, Within 6-months of hire be able to attend training and pass the safe and proper handling, dispensing, and storage of Aircraft Fuel in accordance with FAA Advisory Circular 150/5230-4B and the National Air Transportation Association (NATA) certification.